About The Roseville Firefighters
Organized in 1966, the members of Roseville Firefighters Local 1592 proudly serve those who live, work, and play in the City of Roseville (CA).
The Roseville Fire Department directly services 44 square miles of Placer County. Roseville is one of the fastest growing cities in California with a resident population of 127,000 and a daytime population of 175,000.
We stand ready and able to protect the entire community from the harm and danger caused by all emergencies. We will accomplish this through prevention efforts, public education, strategic planning, and rapid response of well-prepared resources.
Strength through united action, guided by intelligence is the hallmark of trade union organization. Believing such unity is essential for the mutual protection and advancement of the interests and general welfare of the firefighters within our local jurisdiction, we have formed Local 1592 of the International Association of Fire Fighters, which shall have the following objectives:
- To organize all firefighters and emergency medical or rescue workers.
- To secure just compensation for their services, and equitable settlement for their grievances.
- To promote the establishment of just and reasonable working conditions.
- To promote as safe and healthy working environment as is possible through modern technology.
- To place the members of the Local on a higher plane of skill and efficiency.
- To promote harmonious relations between the fire fighters and our employers.
- To encourage and stimulate our members to take an active interest in the civil affairs of their country and community.
- To affiliate with other Union fire fighter organizations for the common good and protection of all.
- To promote the research and treatment of burns and other health problems common to fire fighters and emergency medical and rescue workers.
- To cultivate friendship and fellowship among our members.